HomeFlower

Just a place for my thoughts, small achievements and rants.

Monday, February 03, 2003

BMI Calculators

I have lost 8 1/2 pounds since I cut out my late night snack and my BMI is 30.4
I think a few more weeks of this and I'll be on my way to never needing a late night meal again. Woo Hooooooo!
This is so exciting because I can imagine myself in my summer clothes where a few weeks ago I felt doomed to being fat in the hot sun wearing a comfortable moo moo. No worse time to be fat than summer, I think.

The pressure to be thin and attractive is so intense for women and it seems like we don't get to age gracefully. Why aren't we "distinguished" looking with grey hair like our male counterparts. I don't think it's fair to expect perfection from one gendre while complimenting the other on their age acquired imperfections.

NOT FAIR AT ALL!
I don't want to be a skinny old woman and I WANT grey hair.
I shouldn't be made to compete with my daughters generation to look good.......it's their time to shine in the spotlight and I'm quite content being in the shadows now.
That's how it's supposed to be.
I'm happy enough having people say I was good looking.
And I was!
But now, I wish I can get off this merry-go-round of diets, hair dye, and anti wrinkle creams - and create a new older version of the "me" I once was.

Having said all this in protest, to no-one in particular, let me restate the initial purpose of this post ........... I lost eight and a half pounds. Woooo Hoooo!

That's it for now, thanks for stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home